Hope Everyone had a great Weekend.So, today I like to share with you a very easy, quick and delicious recipe- “Shaahi Chicken”. As the name describes, This recipe is rich in taste, color and texture. A very good choice for Lunch, Dinner and Party Menu. So lets start the recipe:
Total Time : 1hour
Serving size : 4 people
- 700 gm Chicken pieces (With Bone)
- 3 medium size Onions
- 7 cloves of Garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 4-5 Green chilies
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- 1/2 tspoon turmeric
- 1 tbspoon cumin powder
- 1 tbspoon red chilli powder (as per your taste)
- 1 tbspoon garam masala powder.(You will get it in any Indian grocery market)
- salt to taste
- Take a bowl and fill it with normal water and put the chicken pieces and wash them properly.
- Chop the onion into small pieces. No need to cut them even.:) and put them aside.
- Chop ginger and garlic into small pieces.
- Chop the tomatoes in small piece and keep them aside.
- Take a frying pan, put oil (vegetable/mustard oil) ,turn on the hit and wait the oil to be hitted.put the chopped onion into it and fry them until the onions turns into golden brown. Put some salt into it.This way the onions will be fried quickly. The average frying time is 7-8 minutes in high flame.
- Once this is done.Take the fried onion in a bowl and keep them aside.keep the oil from fried onion in the pan. We will need it for the rest of the cooking. The reason is: this oil from fried onions has a beautiful aroma.
- Take the chicken and dry it with tissue or clean clothes. We don’t need any water in it.
- Fry these clean chicken pieces in the same pan oil in medium to high flame (if needed add some oil) until its slightly fried.
- Take a container of mixer and put the fried onions,little water into it and gring into until it becomes a fine paste.Time taken approx 1 min.put it in a bowl and keep it aside
- In the same container add, the ginger and garlic pieces,green chillis with some little water and grind it until it becomes paste.
- Take another container and put the cashew nuts and some water and grind it until it becomes a thin paste.It will take approx 1 min.
- Now, Go back to the frying pan, add a little oil and heat it until it becomes hot. Add ginger and garlic paste into it and fry it in medium to high flame.
- Add all the spices (Turmeric,coriander,Garam masala,red chilli powder, salt) into it and fry until all the raw flavours are gone. Approx time taken 3mins.
- add the fried chicken pieces into it, cook for 1min and add the tomato paste, onion paste and cashew paste one by one.
- Cook for 15 mins, if needed put some water. Cook until all the spices infused into the chicken properly.
- Add 1 cup of water and put the lid into the pan and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- shut off the Oven and present you Shaahi chicken in a bowl. Enjoy the dish and please let me know how its turned out…
Quote of the Day:
“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” –Jim Rohn